Monroe officials get CDBG requests
WOODSFIELD – Thirteen entities including townships, fire departments/emergency squads, community centers and water district have proposed projects for 2014 Community Development Block Grant Allocation Grants in Monroe County, and plans are to select two for funding.
The Fiscal Year 2014 CDBG allocation grant totals $75,000, and $12,500 is earmarked for administration and fair housing, leaving a total of $62,500, according to the discussion Monday at the Monroe County commissioners’ meeting.
Mary Jo Westfall, Extension office associate, explained three projects can be done, and one already has been committed to the proposed recipient of Neighborhood Revitalization Program funds. Summit Township recently was selected as the proposed recipient. Westfall said in the past, officials used $10,000 of the CDBG allocations as a match for the Neighborhood Revitialization Progaram.
Commissioners are expected to announce the proposed CDBG allocation recipients at the May 5 meeting, and the deadline for submitting information to the state is June 20.
The commissioners received a list of the proposed projects Monday. Proposed projects, the amount of funds requested, the local match and the total project costs are:
- Lee Township – repave the basketball court at the Sardis Community Center, $32,000 requested with the match being in-kind services involving removal of the existing surface and a total project cost of $32,000 plus in-kind services.
- Ohio Township – playground equipment and walking trail, $28,400, in-kind at $5,000 and total, $33,400.
- Salem Township – slip on Daugherty Road, $30,900, in-kind at $4,000 and total, $34,900.
- Antioch Volunteer Fire Department – turnout gear and boots, $10,600, $3,000 in-kind and total, $13,600.
- Beallsville Volunteer Fire Department – 48-kilowatt generator and seven sets of turnout gear, $27,700, $5,000 in-kind with a total of $32,700.
- Bethel/Graysville Emergency Medical Serivces – defibrillator with accessories, $31,000 with that also being the total.
- Bethel Volunteer Fire Department – back-up generator, 20-kilowatts, $9,000, fence and slab listed for in-kind with the total being $9,000 plus in-kind services.
- Bethel Community Center – back-up generator, 25 kilowatts, $14,600 with $1,000 in-kind and a total of $15,600.
- Graysville Community Center – plaster repair in gym and stage area, upstairs and stairway, $9,600 with in-kind of $1,200 for a total of $10,800.
- Laings Community Center – repair roof leaks and replace broken tile, $4,300 requested and also total cost.
- Midway Community Center – repave basketball court, basketball hoops and backboards, $14,300, $2,000 as in-kind and a total cost of $16,300.
- Ohio and Lee Water and Sewer Authority – materials to replace waterline out of Ohio Department of Transportation right of way near Ohio 7 bridge, $6,000 requested and total cost.
- Switzerland of Ohio Water District – Radio read water meters in villages of Jerusalem and Beallsville, $29,300 with $2,000 in-kind for a total of $31,300.